Job Type: Full-time Employee
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical/Dependent Care)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time-Off, Sick Time, Holidays
- 401k with company match
- High lucrative employee referral bonus program
- Verizon Discounts
- 2+ years working as a Medical Coder
- Minimum of successful completion of a coding certificate program in a program with AHIMA or AAPCapproval status
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CPC and CCS-P certification status preferred
- Coding certification preferred from the American Health Information Management Association
- Review inpatient charts to determine all diagnoses/procedure codes and accurate assignment of DRG. Abstract required elements including discharge dispositions.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding principles and applications as they relate to acute care hospital coding, clinic coding, and grouping.
- Thorough knowledge of Official Coding Guidelines and payer specific requirements
- Ability to effectively utilize computerized encoder and/or other reference guides on-line.
- Ability to read, decipher and analyze all aspects of medical record documentation for accurate coding.
- Ability to work with high degree of precision, paying attention to detail to achieve the high accuracy levels required and…