– Named among the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics.
– Named among the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems by Thomson Reuters.
– Primary Stroke Center, certified by The Joint Commission, and was the first hospital in Central TX to earn Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification.
Qualifications for Healthcare Position, Surgical Tech II in Austin, TX
-Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist School.
– A minimum of three (3) years recent experience as a Surgical Technologist with demonstrated competency in multiple inpatient surgical specialties.
– Current certification as BLS Healthcare Provider.
– Current certification as a Surgical Technologist (if work experience as surgical tech prior to 9/1/09, employee need not have national surg tech certification (grandfathered)
Job Description for Healthcare Position in Austin, TX
The Surgical Tech II functions under the direction of the Registered Nurse and Physician to facilitate the safe and effective completion of invasive surgical procedures.
The Surgical Technologist possesses knowledge of aseptic technique, human anatomy, surgical procedures, and current technology used to facilitate a physician’s performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
The Surgical Tech II performs direct and indirect patient care activities that include the following type of functions: clinical, clerical, materials management, and housekeeping.